There are a ton of ways to make your life easier. One of them includes using a good scheduling software.
If you’re a business that relies on a schedule for your day to day life, then you probably already keep a calendar. What if we told you there were software options out there that can help you automate and organize your schedule for you?
As it turns out there are quite a few great options that are perfect for filling up your calendar and preventing double booking, no-shows, and the need for back and forth email and messaging.
(Or skip straight to the customer scheduling tools below.)
Why use scheduling software?
Keeping track and scheduling meetings can be time-consuming. Not to mention, if you’re trying to figure out the perfect time for both parties via email, there can be a lot of back and forth and missed communication. Client scheduling software allows you to book meetings with clients, easily. In fact, client scheduling software allows the customer to choose a time on your calendar. So all you have to do is send a link, they pick a time, and boom the meeting is set.
Here is a look at what scheduling software we are going to talk about. Note that these are not listed in any particular ranking order.
|Customer scheduling software||Pricing||Free trial|
|Drift||Starts at $0||N/A|
|Calendly||Starts at $0||14 days|
|Appointy||Starts at $0||14 days|
|vCita||Starts at $0||14 days|
|ScheduleOnce||Starts at $5/month||14 days|
|MyTime||Starts at $74/month||N/A|
|Acuity Scheduling||Starts at $0||14 days|
|mHelpDesk||Based on the size of company||14 days|
|Booker||Starts at $85/month||N/A|
|Setmore Appointments||Starts at $0||N/A|
|Squareup||Starts at $30/month||30 days|
|TimeTap||Starts at $0||30 days|
|Bookeo||Starts at $14.95/month||30 days|
|Vonigo||Starts at $75/month||N/A|
|10to8||Starts at $9.6/month||30 days|
|EngageBay||Starts at $8.99/month||14 days|
|FieldVibe||Starts at $0||N/A|
Customer scheduling software
Client scheduling and customer scheduling
Drift is the new way that businesses buy from businesses. They are the first conversational sales and marketing platform, with 50,000+ businesses using Drift around the world.
Drift is all about eliminating the barriers between you having 1-on-1 conversations with your best customers. Their chatbots, messaging and email tools are all built around this core commitment. And as you can imagine, going back and forth over email about scheduling is an experience that gets in the way of conversations.
- Profile: Share a link to your Drift profile to give people a direct line to your calendar
- Chat: Talk to your clients and customers the same way that you would text with a friend using the chat function on your profile page
- Chrome extension: Used to track email opens and clicks
- Email sequences: Enable a series of pre-defined outreach emails
- BCC to CRM: Using the bcc feature automatically sends a copy of your emails into your CRM
- Calendar injection: Directly into composed emails or sequences
- Automated meeting facilitation: Reminder emails, rescheduling and cancelation options
- Advanced meeting reporting: Includes not only how many people you schedule with, but their LinkedIn profiles
- More details on the free vs. add-on features at the bottom of their Drift for Sales page
|Sales and marketing professionals, from very small businesses all the way up to enterprise teams||Free plan available. Paid plans start at $15/year. (See pricing options.)||Zenefits, Toast, MongoDB, AdRoll, Jebbit, Zuora, Vidyard, Rapid7, Onshape, Cybereason, Price Intelligently, Bandwidth|
Calendly helps millions of people schedule meetings without having to deal with back and forth emails. Calendly is a powerful yet simple scheduling tool that helps business professionals save time, control their schedule and delight invitees.
Setup is easy and pain-free, simply provide your availability and preferences and then the software will do the rest for you. Then all you have to do is share your personal link and clients can pick what time from your calendar that works best for them.
- Calendar integrations: Integrate directly with your current calendar for real-time sync of scheduled events
- Customize your schedule: Spend more time on top priorities by preventing last-minute meetings and scheduling conflicts through buffer times, daily limits, secret event types and more.
- Flexible meeting options: Supports one-on-one, round robin, and collective availability meetings
- Time zone intelligent: Timezone detection so everyone’s on the same page
|People who don’t like sending multiple emails to find a meeting time. A lot of customers are in sales, customer success, recruiting, financial advisement, education, and consulting.||Free plan and trial available. Paid plans start at $10/per user/month. (See pricing options.)||Zillow, Marketo, Shopify, Uber, Zendesk|
Google partners with Appointy to help you get new customers. It’s an all-in-one online scheduling software that is trusted by 110,000+ customers worldwide. Customers can self-schedule 24/7, from anywhere. Manage multiple staff and locations to improve productivity. Social promotion via Twitter, Facebook, and email. Run loyalty programs.
Appointy prides itself on helping a variety of businesses and services. Everything from salons, education, all the way to government offices. They allow flexible business hour settings so businesses can stay in control of their schedule. Businesses can set staff working hours, customize scheduling time-slots, provide back to back booking for multiple services at one time, and allow customers to schedule multiple future appointments (recurring booking).
Appointy provides a comprehensive overview of analytics. Covering everything from customer satisfaction, staff performance, appointments made, and sales totals. Appointy helps reduce no-shows, by sending automated messages to clients at preset times before appointments. They offer pre-payment options so customers can pay full, part, or a fixed amount when scheduling an appointment. There is also an option to promote last minute deals to fill empty time slots.
- Customization: Appointy allows everything to be customized. Emails. Logos, Forms, Receipts, Social Promotion, etc.
- Schedule online: Customers can self-schedule easily online, at any time.
- Social promotion: Use Facebook, Twitter, and email marketing to attract customers.
- Own your data: Easily export all data, no matter what plan you’re on.
- Pay as you go: No contracts or cancellation fees.
- Flexible time slots: Open intervals from 5 minutes to a whole day, or choose irregular intervals.
|Almost every business segment. Some common audiences include salons, health and wellness, education, medicine, government, and more.||Free plan and trial available. Paid plans start at $19.99/month. (See pricing options.)||Texas State Writing Center, Cryofit, Revive, Beauty Room, Butler University|
vCita is an all-in-one online scheduling and client management tool. They help small business service providers gain a competitive edge and draw more clients by offering instant online appointment scheduling.
vCita connects to your website, social media, local listings and email marketing, inviting clients to schedule a free consultation, book a service or register for an event.
Clients see your team’s real-time availability as well as a list of the services your business offers and choose a time that works for them. Letting clients book your services online 24/7 means that you never miss a new lead, and you’re always open for business with returning clients.
vCita is actually much more than an online scheduling solution – it’s an all-one business management tool that helps small businesses manage their leads and clients, appointments, payments, invoices and even email marketing – all in one centralized hub.
Whether in the office or on the go, vCita keeps your business competitive and your calendar full.
- A customizable, mobile-friendly scheduling page: For the business to list the offered services (along with the staff’s up-to-date availability) and allow clients to book appointments, schedule services and register for events and classes.
- A personal client portal: Clients can view their complete activity history online – previous appointments, pending payments, shared documents etc.
- Reminders to reduce no-shows: Automated confirmations, reminders and follow-ups are sent to clients via email and SMS, helping reduce no-shows and minimize last-minute cancellations.
- Payments collection: Let clients pay for appointments and services online via credit card or PayPal, create and email invoices, and track your income with a centralized dashboard.
- Client management: A built-in CRM allows you to store client information and share it across your team. You can add private notes, add clients tags to group clients together, and view the client’s history (appointments, payment, documents, interactions) in one place.
- Marketing tools: Get booked by sending announcements and promotions via email campaign and SMS marketing, capture leads on your website with a pop-up widget, fill up your calendar by offering clients discount coupons.
|Small service-based businesses, like business and marketing consultants, accountants, lawyers, coaches, fitness trainers, educators, etc.||Free trial available. Paid plans start at $12/month. (See pricing options.)||Pearson College, MassMutual, Texas A&M, Northwestern, Cornell University|
ScheduleOnce is a great solution for powering online scheduling with your customers and prospects. It helps you make more connections with it’s easily integrated scheduling platform.
ScheduleOnce is an end-to-end solution for scheduling with prospects and customers through all phases of the customer lifecycle. The software is robust, yet functional and intuitive. And within in three steps your customers can start adding meetings to your calendar.
It connects with all major calendar platforms and provides feature-rich integrations with your CRM, web conferencing, and other online channels.
- Multiple event types: ScheduleOnce allows you to accurately model your scheduling scenarios by adding event types to your booking pages.
- Pooled availability: Pooled availability is a powerful feature that combines the availability of multiple team members and displays it to customers as a single booking calendar.
- Custom themes: You can fully customize the look and feel of your customer scheduling experience.
- Website integration: All website integration options are brandless, fully integrating with your website without any mention of ScheduleOnce.
|Everyone, regardless of business type or industry||Free trial available. Paid plans start at $5/user/month. (See pricing options.)||Targetprocess, TopHat, Nexonia, Webgility|
MyTime is an online appointment booking software and scheduler that is built for your business. It’s a little bit of everything, an appointment calendar, client manager, and communication center.
Scheduling appointments are made easy. Access and manage your schedule from anywhere at any time. Easily view and manage clients, from 1 place. View their history and notes, and set custom prices for each if you choose. You can even accept payments online or in person.
Communication is easy and effortless. The MyTime Communicator allows you to message clients and answer their questions. The software also helps you reduce no-shows, by sending clients automatic appointment reminders, where they are asked to confirm their appointment.
- Add online booking to your website: Easy to add, and simple for clients. Customize colors and style to fit your brand and sites.
- Track performance: View analytics and see which services are your most popular. Plus connect with Quickbooks, and calculate payroll.
- Selling made simple: Sell your products and services easily. Upload and track your inventory.
- Easy communication: The MyTime Communicator makes it easy to chat and message clients. Easily send confirmations and reminders as well as prompts to rebook.
|Chain businesses and franchises||Paid plans start at $74/month. (See pricing options.)||Small business and local businesses, like dog walkers, chiropractors, waxing salons, and car detailers|
Acuity is a personal assistant for your schedule – only better. With Acuity Scheduling, booking appointments with your clients doesn’t have to be a never-ending time suck anymore. Hallelujah! Let your clients view your real-time availability, select the date and time that works best for them, pay in advance via Stripe, Square, Paypal or Authorize.net, and even cancel or reschedule all on their own – without you having to drive yourself crazy.
As a business, you can organize your schedule to a T. Adjust meetings to fit your time zones, send reminders to clients, and control your availability. Even if you have multiple locations and employees, you can show clients the exact calendar you want them to see, and cancel out all the noise.
- Easy customization: Customize everything to match the look and feel of your business
- Embed your calendar: Make your website look seamless, and embed your calendar directly onto your website
- Gift certificates and subscriptions: Sell appointment packages, gift certificates, and subscriptions
- HIPPA compliant: Keep client information 100% secure and private
- Easy sharing: Share your calendar via social media or email with ease
- Integration options: Quickbooks, FreshBooks, Xero, Stripe, Zapier, PayPal, and more
- Client confirmation: Reminders, follow-up emails and text reminders worldwide
- Sync with personal calendars: Make sure that you are never double booked
- Intake forms: Gather additional information from clients while they book
|Small businesses to large corporations||Free plan and trial available. Paid plans start at $14/month. (See pricing options.)||Over 50,000 businesses ranging from solo acts to Fortune 500 companies and everyone in between|
mHelpDesk is a leading field service automation program that helps small to mid-sized businesses address and solve their biggest pain points, from manual, cumbersome businesses processes and paper-based systems to double data, in order to streamline, improve and scale their efforts.
mHelpDesk is an all-in-one solution that enables field service companies to manage everything from lead and customer management, jobs and work orders, scheduling and dispatching, estimates and invoicing, field techs, staff and customer communication, even customer payments – all while out on the field on our mobile app. Used by over 20,000 service professional customers from around the world, it is the #1 rated field service app in several third-party review sites.
- Lead management (CRM): Increase your win-rates by up to 70%
- Estimates and quotes: Create re-usable estimate templates or choose from items in your preset price list.
- Workflow management: See the progress of every job out in the field in real-time.
- Mobile estimates: Fully customizable and reusable templates.
- Scheduling and dispatching: View all of your team’s schedules in a single, easy-to-use color-coded view.
- GPS tracking: Log into mHelpDesk and see the location of each field tech on a map.
- Mobile app: The mHelpDesk mobile app lets your team take all of the best parts of mHelpDesk on the go.
- Job management: Jobs that fall under the rules you’ve set will be assigned to the right team member.
- Payment processing: One of the most affordable and easy-to-use payment processing solutions for the service industry
- Mobile scheduling: Schedule from your mobile device, and access your schedules on or offline.
- Invoices: Create invoices and bill from your truck, office or anywhere via a computer or with our mobile app.
|Small to mid-sized field service companies||Free trial available. Prices are based per user. (See pricing options.)||H.O. Electric, Walls by Design, Front Range HVAC, Awesome Homes, Encompass Inspections|
Booker does a little bit of everything, it takes care of the booking, payment, customer management, and marketing. The software delivers an end-to-end solution for business owners to help them stay relevant in the growing market for local services. Booker is the all-in-one solution for online booking, CRM, staff management, and POS. This further enables business owners to run and grow their businesses.
Booker has offices in New York City and Scottsdale, Arizona. It’s used by more than 128,000 professionals across 11,100 locations.
- Advertise and attract: Advertise unfilled time slots across the Booker network of partner sites to fill your calendar.
- Social promotion: Have the ability to create and publish specials and offers on Facebook, Twitter, and other networks
- Booking page: Create a custom booking page to integrate with your website
- Online booking: Visitors can book at any time online
|Service-type businesses, particularly focusing on health, wellness, and beauty industries||Paid plans start at $85/month. (See pricing options.)||Milk & Honey, Yelo Spa, Spa St. Tropez|
Setmore is free online customer appointment scheduling for businesses of all sizes. You can easily book appointments, automatically send reminders, coordinate your staff calendars, and do so much more.
Reaching customers online with appointment software can help you fill your calendar faster. Setmore Appointments connects to your other apps, so you can create a completely streamlined process for scheduling. The best part is you can utilize the software no matter where you are located in the world.
- Digital appointment calendar: An intuitive appointment scheduling through your browser, desktop/laptop, or smartphone.
- Drag-and-drop rescheduling: Easily rearrange your schedule with a convenient drag and drop mobility.
- Customer booking page: Every Setmore account comes with a free online booking page that lets customers book with you 24/7.
- Email alerts and reminders: Send automated email alerts and reminders to staff and customers whenever appointments are booked, rescheduled, or canceled.
- Text reminders (with premium): Automated text reminders ensure your customers keep their commitments.
- Google or office calendar sync: Sync between Google and Setmore
|Small service-oriented businesses of 1–20 employees||Free plan available. Paid plans start at $5/user/month. (See pricing options.)||Throne Barbershop, Sogna di Vita Salon, Steven G Photography, Life Enhancing Chiropractic, Auto Tint Way + Vinyl|
Square is not just a payment platform. Square is also another way for you to manage and book your appointments. You can now book appointments and accept payments with one integrated solution.
Square Appointments is an easy setup and it’s completely secure. Plus, it’s available on any device and works with multiple locations and employees. It also conveniently syncs with your Google Calendar, so that keeping track of your schedule is pain-free.
Businesses will also be able to block time and view upcoming, paid, and pending appointments. The app is a 24/7 booking system that allows clients to book at any time they choose. Therefore, your online booking site stays open, even if you’re not so that clients can book at any time from anywhere, that fits them.
- All the tools you need: Take payments, send receipts, manage inventory, and book appointments
- Fast funds: Receive deposits as early as the next day
- Great client experience: Easily communicate with clients and view appointment history and notes
- Send reminders: Help eliminate no-shows by sending automatic notifications to clients
- Multiple schedules: View all of your team’s schedules at a glance and customize permissions
- Staff management: Built-in timecards and separate logins
|All businesses||Free trial available. Paid plans are based on usage. (See pricing options.)||Whole Foods, Birch Coffee|
TimeTap is a simple and effective tool for the multifaceted and over-stressed life of service providers and appointment-based businesses. The simple booking software provides a client-focused approach to getting appointments on your schedule. The beautiful, fluid calendars and lists also help to navigate and manage your time.
The mobile-friendly design lets you get appointments booked by anyone, at any time, from anywhere. Businesses can even start scheduling from their website. TimeTap lets you climb out from under the piles of missed calls and voicemails and put you back on the front-lines of your business.
- 27/7 online booking: Clients can book their appointments around the clock.
- Client management: Add notes to your clients’ profiles for general information about them and take notes on your individual appointments to track progress over time.
- Email and text notifications: Send out emails or texts during every step of the appointment lifecycle.
- Unlimited custom fields: Add as many custom fields to your booking form as you need.
- Multiple locations: Easy and adjustable time zones.
- Tough security: You won’t have to worry about logging in to see that your data has gone missing or worse, shared across the web.
|All businesses||Free plan and trial available. Paid plans start at $24.95/month. (See pricing options.)||Nation Wide Insurance, Voya Financial, Liberty Tax Service, Valencia College, City of New York|
Client scheduling and customer scheduling
Bookeo is an online scheduling and booking system for service providers, schools, and tour companies, complete with:
- Easy 24/7 bookings and payments from web, mobile or Facebook
- Powerful features – with a simple, flexible interface
- Seamless integration with Group On, WordPress, Xero, MailChimp, and more
- Anywhere, anytime access
- Unparalleled service and support
Now businesses have a way to automate and accept their bookings as well as send follow up communications. Bookeo is fully scalable to fit your business and grow as you grow.
- Website integration: Use your own website to accept reservations at no extra cost.
- Calendar sync: Sync your schedule automatically with Google Cal, iCal, Outlook and Office 365.
- Online payments: Accept secure, payments all online.
- Easily roster your staff: Easily assign staff to specific services or locations.
- Reduce no-shows: Send email and text reminders to customers
- Offer promotions: Upsell services with extras and options, and even sell gift vouchers
- Reward sharing on social media: Give a little something to those that share
- Integrated booking cart: Sell multiple services with the integrated booking car
- Automated waiting lists: Allow clients to join a waiting list when workshops are full.
- Lost lead remarketing: Entice customers who don’t finish the checkout process to return and make a booking
|Professional services, schools, studios, and tours and activity providers||Free trial available. Paid plans start at $14.95/month. (See pricing options.)||Small businesses to multi-branch companies and franchise businesses, in over 120 countries|
Vonigo is a business management platform that helps streamline operations and increase sales of mobile service companies and franchises. Vonigo offers a unified suite of configurable cloud-based modules including; CRM, scheduling, online booking, work order management, estimating, dispatch, routing, GPS, invoicing, payments, reporting, and more all accessible over the internet from any desktop or mobile device. Millions of jobs have been successfully booked and managed with Vonigo.
Services can easily manage their business from anywhere, be it on the road, in the office, or at the customer’s doorstep. The mobile capability makes it easy to run from anywhere you need to be.
- Business management: Manage every inch of your business from the cloud-based platform.
- Online booking: Clients can book your services and receive estimates through your website.
- Anywhere access: No matter where you are, or where clients are, it’s easy to access your calendar.
- Job scheduling: Schedule your team efficiently with location-based optimization and simple drag and drop functionality.
- Customizable work orders: Maintain a 360-degree view of each work order and its delivery status.
- Invoicing and online payments: Create branded invoices directly from work orders and online payments go directly into your bank account.
- Reporting: Gain valuable insight into your financial, service, sales and customer health with pre-built and easily configurable business reports.
- Multi-location: Support for multi-location enterprises and franchises.
- Clock-in/clock-out route optimization: Optimize vehicle routing to save time, reduce fuel costs, and improve service.
|Service-type businesses, particularly mobile service businesses with a fleet of five or more vehicles||Paid plans start at $75/month. (See pricing options.)||You Move Me, Habitat For Humanity, Service Master, 505 Junk, Sir Grout|
10to8 Appointment Scheduling Software is trusted by thousands of businesses worldwide, regardless of size or industry. 10to8 Appointment Scheduling Software is an all-in-one online booking and scheduling system that helps business owners rid their calendars of wasted time, reduce admin time and costly appointment no-shows.
Setting up the software is a breeze. You can easily customize the booking page with your own branding, providing customers with a convenient online booking platform. With automated SMS and email reminders, your clients will always be aware of their upcoming appointments, and thanks to the intelligent reporting features, you can spot appointment no-shows before they happen.
- Automated SMS and email reminders: Reduce costly appointment no-shows by up to 90%.
- Flexible availability: Coordinate with multiple staff members in multiple locations and time zones, manage irregular and recurring working hours with ease.
- 1-on-1 and group services: Set up an unlimited number of services, be it one to one or group sessions.
- 2-way calendar sync: Integrate your 10to8 calendar with Google, iCal, Outlook.com, Exchange and Office 365
- 500+ app integrations: Integrate all your favorite apps including email marketing, accounting, social media and CRM
|Solo beauty professionals, consultants, medium-sized clinics, and even large enterprises||Free plan and trial available. Paid plans start at $9.6/month. (See pricing options.)||Expedia, US Bank, Mercedes-Benz, Yale|
EngageBay is a simple, affordable, integrated, all-in-one marketing, sales and service automation platform with a free CRM, built to grow small businesses and startups. EngageBay is one of the best CRM for small businesses that helps you grow your business. The marketing automation suite helps you save time, nurture your audience and automate routine, manual tasks.
With the free CRM and sales automation, you can organize all your email contacts, track deals, and the sales pipeline to grow your sales. Further, you can build meaningful customer relationships that stay for life. And finally, with the free live chat and helpdesk features, provide real-time assistance to convert visitors to happy customers. Track, prioritize, and solve customer support tickets in minutes.
- EngageBay allows up to 10 users to gain access to the unified platform absolutely free.
- The software offers a marketing automation platform with features such as lead capture forms, landing pages, email marketing, rich email templates, email broadcasts, and more.
- There is also a sales automation platform that gives you features such as targeted marketing to companies, visual deals pipeline, task management, appointments scheduler, unlimited mailboxes (2-way sync), and more.
- A service automation software is also available with features such as ticket views, help desk, SLAs, macros, unlimited groups, canned responses, and more.
- The CRM also has features such as simple contact management, telephony, automated tasks and appointment scheduling, lead nurturing, CRM analytics, sales gamification, custom reports, and more.
- The entire platform is cloud-based and the learning curve for users is very low, with absolutely no technical help required.
- Bulk email and instant message sharing options to help you save time.
|B2B, startups, small businesses, solopreneurs, medium-sized businesses||Free trial available. Paid plans start at $8.99/month. (See pricing options.)||Small- and mid-sized businesses to agencies|
FieldVibe is a scheduling app for field service professionals. It helps small HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Cleaning, Lawn Care, Handyman, Appliance Repair, and other field services businesses schedule, dispatch, and manage their entire field operation from a single app.
FieldVibe allows you to schedule, dispatch and track your jobs and field staff, offering real-time GPS tracking, time tracking, job creation, job calendar, notes and photo attachments, task lists, and time and revenue reporting.
Key marketing features include automated SMS reminders and typing-free late-to-job texts. They also provide different educational materials on their blog
|Service-type businesses, including HVAC, electrical, lawn, plumbing, cleaning, handyman, and pest control||Free plan available. Paid plans start at $19/user/month. (See pricing options.)||Small- and mid-sized businesses, and solopreneurs|
That’s a wrap
Let us know if you know of any others, we want to keep this list growing and up-to-date.
As you can see there are quite a few options out there for your customer scheduling needs. If you’re looking for more software to get your business started, you may also be interested in checking out invoicing software.